Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome to my trip!

Well, we finally made it to our first real stop after traveling for what seemed like days. We left the house just after 4:00pm EDT Monday, driving ourselves as I noted last night. The flight to Denver was mostly uneventful, we found both the rental car and our hotel near the airport with no problem, and managed to get out this morning at a reasonable time.




What are you looking at?, Wyoming, May 2012

But it's a big country, something I'll probably repeat a few times during the drives. We did 385 miles in about 6 1/2 hours from Denver to Rapid City. I love driving, and I especially love driving places I've never been before with no traffic on a beautiful day. The northeastern Colorado plains and eastern Wyoming prairie are awesome, unless you need to commute.

It's a big country.




A warm and inviting cabin, May 2012

We arrived a while ago at Audrie's B&B, where we will stay for three nights. The lady arranged for a terrific cabin by a stream, where we can relax while we're not out seeing the sights.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment