Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's a beautiful day

T-1 days

It was beautiful today in the Garden State Saturday. The kind of spring day that happens all too rarely - warm, low humidity, sunny. I took a long bike ride over to Piermont and Nyack, NY, with about 14 miles of of my ride along the Hudson River. As I write this late Saturday afternoon, I'm sitting on the patio with a glass of wine, listening to birds chirp and a slight rustle of a breeze in the trees. It doesn't get any better than this.




Blogging on a sunny afternoon, May 2012




Those two towns are biking hubs, with more bikes than cars on the roads on great days like this. I saw any number of individual and small groups of friends riding, and maybe ten large groups - typically bike clubs that assemble at some pre-determined spot to go on a chaperoned ride. I've done many of these club rides, and they're fun, but I usually go by myself, on my schedule.

Piedmont has its Pier, which is actually a long narrow peninsula that extends about a mile into the Hudson, making it feel like you're almost across the river in Westchester County by the time you reach the end. I often ride out on the Pier, just to see what I can see.

It felt good to be outside and working my muscles, and sweating, for a positive purpose. (Unlike, for instance, carrying what felt like thousands of pounds of gear into the bar last night for our gig, then packing it all up and carrying it out again and loading the car, and then unloading it into the basement this morning.) Although I have to admit that the last few miles home were tough.

We seriously got into packing today. I'm pretty much done, with the only stuff left to pack on Monday will be the things I need to use between now and then - the iPad, etc. All my clothes and equipment are sitting in or on my suitcase or carry-on, waiting for me to close them up.



And we leave tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment