Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gearhead - the conclusion

Okay, so I had to choose between tiny ( Olympus XZ-1), small (Nikon 1 V1 kit) and large (Nikon D7000 and kit). And the answer is ...




Two Nikons: D7000 and V1 with lenses, January 2012

The two Nikons!

That's right. I bought the Nikon 1 V1 kit so I could take a much smaller kit with me on this trip. It's a fantastic camera. So is the D7000 - in fact, the D7000 is an even more fantastic camera. So I managed to increase the total amount of camera gear I'll be carrying across the country.

But I'll have the option of choosing which kit to use. If I'm near the car and/or not walking too too far, and especially when I'm seriously working on photographing some of the amazing sights I expect to see, the D7000 will be the choice. For serious hiking, or casual non-photographic times, the V1 will be with me.

The best of both worlds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment