Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sally & Me

Sally & Me

We took a sailing ship

On a long long trip

We sailed across the sea

It was just Sally and me

And when we reached the shore

Couldn't go any more

We found some space

And made our place




As the years went by

There were some tears and some cryin'

We never let it last

We always got on past

But we're older now

And the scars they show

From the wounds we made

But I wouldn't want it any other way




Sally and me

Together we're free

Sally and me.




Sitting in our old blue jeans

We look across the yard and see our dreams

We see the choices that we never made

We see the joy and we see the pain

And as the days go by

We hug each other and we never cry

'Cause we know this is what will be


It will always be Sally and me.




Sally and me

Together we're free

Sally and me.




Happy anniversary, Sally.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment