Monday, April 30, 2012

A Blog about Blogsy on Blogger

T-14
A blog, April 2012  

Okay. We're down to only two weeks to go. I'm on the road again today, down for another quick two-nighter for some business. As I wrote last week, I'll be taking the new Fstop Guru bag as my personal item (I.E., under the seat) and my usual Tumi 20" rolling bag as my carry-on luggage (in the overhead). No other new testing for this trip - I've pretty much tried everything else I can try previously. I'm sure the Guru will be fine, as I've been carrying it pretty much everywhere since it arrived two weeks ago.




One item which I expect to be using a daily on the trip is Blogsy, which is the iPad app I'm using to write and compose this blog. It works well, but has a few bugs - one critical for me, and the other only annoying. The annoying one is that it periodically changes the font size of a paragraph or entire post as it posts it. That's why some posts are in a smaller font size.




The critical bug is that it sometimes strips all of the paragraph formating out of a post, leaving one long paragraph. I then need to re-edit the post, inserting paragraphs, and hope they stick when I update. On occasion I've had to do this several times to get it right. On occasion I've given up and used the web-based editor Google Blogger provides, which unfortunately doesn't work well on Mobile Safari.




I exchanged some email with the app maker, and they agreed there is a problem but haven't released an update yet to remediate it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment